6.17.2009

Yanks' Bullpen Good?

Here's a pretty good blog post from the NY Times' Tyler Kepner making the case that the Bombers' pen might actually be starting to come together. Frankly, with the return of Bruney (and did he lose even more weight since he left?) last night, and with some great young arms in the minors, I think the bullpen will end the season as a strength. We just need more consistency from our starters. Outside of Sabathia, you don't know what you're gonna get from a Yankee starter from one game to the next.

The other 5 look this way to me right now: I expect Joba to bounce back off his last start and be good this year. Pettitte's gonna struggle, but still be a good 5th man. I don't know what I'm gonna get from Burnett day-to-day, but I expect mostly dominant starts sprinkled with a few disasters. I have complete faith that Hughes is going to be a front of the rotation guy down the line, but can he do it this year if Wang falters? And, what about Wang?

No, seriously. WHAT THE F**K ABOUT WANG?!?!

We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: