1.28.2008

Drawing Jazz

I've been a little backed up lately. I think I stacked my plate with a bit too much and then burned myself out a little the last week. I'm back on track now, and will have some more updates on that Roethlisberger painting, as well as the other two tracks from that recording session up this week. In the meantime, here's a little fun somethin' for you.


As some of you that have been reading this blog know, I've been having fun messing around with markers lately. I finally picked up a new set and was eager to try them out. So, Friday night I went over to Cask 591 here in Long Branch where the Junior Pauls Duo plays every Thursday and Friday night, with my man Joe Peterson on bass. I haven't done too much drawing or sketching of any live stuff lately, and I've had an itch lately to bring the sketch pad out and capture some musicians in action. I had to say it was fun trying to capture these guys playing in less than 40 minutes, and the markers are a lot of fun to play with. Hopefully, I'll have a lot more stuff like this in near future.

No comments: