4.27.2009

Tell Me Why I Do Like Mondays...

Quote of the Day -

"Many of the most successful men I have known have never grown up. They have retained bubbling-over boyishness. They have relished wit, they have indulged in humor. They have not allowed "dignity" to depress them into moroseness. Youthfulnesss of spirit is the twin brother of optimism, and optimism is the stuff of which American business success is fashioned. Resist growing up!" - B.C. Forbes


The Boomtown Rats may have sang about not liking Mondays (alright, they were quoting a murderer, but still), but I'm ready to grab this one by the short hairs and make it sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" in a lovely falsetto.

There's something about the first great spring weekend that inspires hope and optimism, and I'm taking that with me into this week; one in which I have a lot of things on tap. I've given myself a Wednesday deadline to get the new website up and running. I have one painting to finish, one drawing to finish, and another one to start. I'll also be moving my studio out of the room I'm renting and into my apartment now that I've got some extra room. I figure I can not only save myself some much-needed bread, but also be able to work at any and all times I feel like without having to head across town. If inspiration strikes in the middle of the night, I can lay it down.

I'll be back throughout the week with all sorts of updates.

No comments: