12.04.2009

All Sorts of News

Hey, kids. I know I haven't posted anything of interest in a helluva long time, but that's all about to change. After the craziness of getting ready for the show at Jamian's I took some time off, then dove right into the craziness of following the Yankees on their World Series run, picking up extra shifts at my day job to climb out of debt, and putting together a weekly music gig. Now that most of that is settled and humming along smoothly I've got all sorts of new craziness to announce.
  • On Wed, Dec 16th I'll be doing my usual gig at The Wine Loft in Pier Village, but I'll also be doing a Toys for Tots fund raiser that night. So come by for a little Christmas cheer for yourself, and bring an unwrapped toy to give a less fortunate li'l guy or gal some of their own.
  • Every month In Spirit Living, a yoga studio here in Long Branch, hosts a different art show. I will be contributing 2 pieces to their Jan show that will be wildly different from anything you've seen from me yet. It should be cool, and I will, of course, be posting the progress of those pieces in this space.
  • Following that, I'll be having another solo show in Feb. This one will be at the aforementioned Wine Loft and the theme is going to be "Jazz and Cocktails". It's going to be a nice little departure from the portraiture and sports art I've been specializing in. The work is going to be a little looser and not as super hyper-detailed as my past work. The focus will be more on setting a mood or feeling through color and composition.
  • Speaking of my sports art. I'm working on what could be 2 very big things involving that. It's way to early in the planning/negotiating stages to say anything yet, but I'll be talking about it more in the future.
  • I'm also working on a video piece that (I hope) will be up on the blog in the next week and a half. After that I'm gonna try and post at least one little video on the blog a week.
And, that's all I got for ya right now. Check back next week to see the madness unfold.

No comments: