12.03.2007

More Fun With Pastels - Jason Kidd

I'm having more fun with these pastels lately. I'm kind of using them as poor man's paints right now. I like the fact that you can get more information across with them with fewer marks than a pencil, but without the mess of paints. It's a great way to test out how you'd like a painting to look, yet it stands pretty well on its own.

I purposely wanted the top of his head to be out of the frame. I wanted to get as close to the action as possible and make it seem like you're watching something in the middle of happening. I think it adds to the movement and energy of it, but, after seeing this one complete, maybe I should have a bit more of his head in the shot and less of his junk.

Who knows, maybe I'll decide to put the thing down on canvas in the near future.


No comments: