8.06.2009

Some Quick Links

I know I've been off the grid for the past few days. I had a loooong weekend between my bartending gig and filling in on camera for Monmouth Park's TV dep't on Haskell Day (and, if you think there's not a big 'Rachel Alexandra wins The Haskell' planned for Jamian's you're crazy). It actually took me till today to finally get my ass out of bed and in gear to do some real work. So, I will definitely have updated studio pics for you later today. In the meantime, here are some good links I stumbled across today:

Tyler Kepner's got a great article in the NY Times this morning about how the Yankees are far more prepared to take on the Sox this go around than they were earlier this season. I'd link to a story in the Daily News but reading Lupica or Raismann's take on anything involving the Yanks is like watching a Goebbels film to learn about the Torah.

Speaking of that little piece of shit Lupica, Deadspin takes him to task in what I can only hope is the first of a series of "Real Tales of Mike Lupica". Great stuff about a small man and his giant ego.

The Onion's A.V. Club knocked two out of the park this morning with Sean O'Neal's hilarious Daily Buzzkill on NBC's scorched earth tactics to get you to watch Leno's sure-to-be-shitty 10pm show. And, Nathan Rabin turned in another great "My Year Of Flops" casefile (and, if you haven't read any of them, you should really go back and read ALL of them) on Nic Cage's 1991 straight-to-dvd flop 'Zandalee' that literally had me laughing out loud.

Enjoy kids. Back with more later.

No comments: