3.19.2008

St. Pat's Hangover

I'll post pictures from the St. Pat's gig at Ross's later on. Everything went well and it was a lot of fun being able to spend a day performing genuine Irish music on St. Pat's. It's nice to be able to cut through a lot of the plastic Paddyism and general ignorance that surrounds the holiday and give people a wee bit of my own culture.

One of the surprise outcomes of me working on St. Pat's is that instead of being terribly hungover yesterday, I was just really tired. So I put a few projects on the back burner for the day and went over to the West End for a sammich and cigar, accompanied by a few beers. Of course, I wanted to get a little something done, so here's an oil pastel sketch I did of some of the old timers at the Celtic Cottage here in Long Branch.

No comments: